Extra TSB classic accounts

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

planteria

Re: Extra TSB classic accounts

Postby planteria » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:49 am

agree with DC re. a private area.
and i've been frustrated by some of TSB's service, but getting up to £8k does appeal :)

joker

Postby joker » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:08 pm

Is it worth the risk of having them potentially close the two accounts already there.... :?:

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm

joker wrote:Is it worth the risk of having them potentially close the two accounts already there.... :?:

Very interesting thread and thank to those that have shared their know-how.

I'd love a couple of extra of these 5% accounts but am also concerned about the possibility of drawing attention to myself and having all my other accounts closed down! My salary isn't paid to either of my TSB accounts so, if they chose to look carefully, they would realise quite quickly that I'm only with them for the interest and contactless cashback!

cashback

Postby cashback » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 pm

No problem newstoozer. If you don't want to draw attention to yourself then make sure you don't apply for more than, say, 6 accounts in total

joker

Postby joker » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm

I hope you are also using the 5% regular saver newstoozer?

As for 6 accounts, seems very impressive to me!

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks guys... I'd be more that happy with 4 so hopefully I'll fly under their radar if/when I make my attempt!

And yes, I make good use of the TSB regular saver... Too good to miss that one :)

cashback

Postby cashback » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 pm

You should be fine. I chose to apply for the Classic accounts first to see how many I could get and I'm now upgrading one every few weeks.

Others apply and upgrade as they go. I've not heard of either being better/worse.

If you've any questions, just ask. Please don't advertise this particular trick on other forums, otherwise it's success may be its downfall

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:09 pm

Thanks cashback - yes my lips are sealed... what happens on Stoozing.com stays on Stoozing.com :)

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Applied for another classic account online, but got the dreaded text message asking me to call them to provide further information. grrrrrrrr!

Going to let this one lie I think :(

cashback

Postby cashback » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Applied for another classic account online, but got the dreaded text message asking me to call them to provide further information. grrrrrrrr!

Going to let this one lie I think :(

Don't panic. I had that on 4 out of 5 applications for Classic accounts. Really nothing to worry about. Mine was because I hadn't lived at my most recent address for over 3 years.

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”