Bitcoin

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

planteria

Re: Bitcoin

Postby planteria » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:52 pm

interesting stuff Rodes.. where are you 'storing' your bitcoin?

rodent

Postby rodent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:07 am

Hi big fella , purchased a ledger Nano s offline wallet for the extortionate price of £63 on Amazon

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:58 am

got you, have looked at exactly that. have you found the use of the LNS to be straightforward? and have you printed some copies of codes to stash elsewhere, just in case you were to lose/damage the device?
i can take a loan each year from my company, so i am wondering about taking a risk with cryptocurrencies in early January. at the moment my best cash alternative is 1.17% with the Buckinghamshire Building Society ;)
but it does feel very 'late to the party' and no doubt there is considerable risk.

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:07 am

... and i'm not sure what makes you think i'm 'a big fella' haha

rodent

Postby rodent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:21 am

Ha , little fella would be derogatory! Haven’t taken it out of the box yet , will have to come back to you on that one, seems most people find it easy enough to use tho. Have read a few reports of litecoin issues but far more that report no probs . hopefully find time in the next few days . I don’t think it I too late at all ,bit is up 3% eth is up 7% & litecoin is up 15 % ,all in last 24 hrs , look at the charts ! You know the score ,buy on the dips , throw the rule book out of the window for a min , you need to note the general single direction of all crypto charts . Can it go on forever ? No , but I don’t think this bubble is going to burst in the next few months . A few corrections on the way for sure, bring your bucket and spade and dig in

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 am

haha i like it.. but the question is, i suppose, when is the dip? and what does it look like?

rodent

Postby rodent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 am

Some clever geezer has pointed out that any individual can afford to lose 1% of their wealth without seriously affecting their lifestyle if the have too. That is worst case scenario. Bitcoin possibly has x 50 to go , some of the others have x several thousand. But this is a once in a lifetime opp from where I am sitting ! I actually think the one that makes the most hasn’t been created yet. I seriously doubt that bitcoin will become an everyday currency buy will become a wealth store

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:35 am

i agree all round. and i actually think it could be life changing to back it big..

so at the moment, with no LNS in use, have you left your coin with the exchange? i am advised by friends who are involved to get investments into 'storage' without delay.

rodent

Postby rodent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:36 am

Dips : they don’t stay for long and you only get one maybe 2 chances before the crypto rocket takes off again , look at charts to see what I mean . Me and a buddy were sat in a bar in Portugal mid November when it dipped back under 5 k wondering if the bubble had popped , I held out thinking it was going under 4 but soon jumped back on when it bounced back over 5 k .

rodent

Postby rodent » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:38 am

I have an online wallet & some on exchange as well , there Are also online vaults but nothing beats an offline wallet !
Last edited by rodent on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”