Bank of Scotland Vantage change

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

YorkshireBoy

Re: Bank of Scotland Vantage change

Postby YorkshireBoy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 pm

joker wrote:Is that recent? I did all of mine online, a few days apart but it was a year or so ago.

I thought it was fairly recent...unless my memory is playing tricks.

Anon

Postby Anon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:33 pm

chickenboy wrote:That is normal (and quite handy I find). Will not affect further applications - but if you want to add the next 2, i'd log in via BoS....

Thank you - I tried my existing Halifax login details on the BoS site but they don't seem to work? Or do I have to register for their site separately (even though they must be linked, given the account I applied for on BoS appeared on Halifax). Sorry, stupid questions. I note the comments about unsuccessful attempts at opening subsequent accounts

chickenboy

Postby chickenboy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:54 am

Apply for and use separate bos login :-)

joker

Postby joker » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:54 am

Either bos or Halifax work on either site for me.

Anon

Postby Anon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:30 am

Just to update - for some reason my existing Halifax login wasn't working on the BoS website - after a few more atttempts it asked if I wanted to reset - I did so (to the same I thought it was to start with!) and it then let me in. Now works on both BoS and Halifax.

Feeling brave, I applied for another BoS Vantage while logged in to see what would happen (not sure why - you still have to enter all your details) and it went straight through :). So 2 BoS accounts - now do I go for the third while I am on a roll...
Last edited by Anon on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anon

Postby Anon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:36 am

Wreckless possibly, but third opened online (while logged in) with no issues ;).

Is three the limit please? Seems to be better place to move Satander 123 savings to.

YorkshireBoy

Postby YorkshireBoy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:58 am

Anon wrote:Is three the limit please?

That's the published limit in the account T&Cs, yes.

Although I was prepared to gamble with multiple TSB accounts, in the current climate (and on the off chance that BoS don't cut the rate in the foreseeable future) I'm not prepared to have a go with this one!

You may take a different view? But be warned, there have been reports of LBG closing all accounts with the brand...so you'd be risking Club Lloyds and Halifax Rewards, as well as BoS Vantage.

To quote from the 1971 film Dirty Harry..."you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" :D

Anon

Postby Anon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:26 am

YorkshireBoy wrote:
Anon wrote:Is three the limit please?

That's the published limit in the account T&Cs, yes.

Although I was prepared to gamble with multiple TSB accounts, in the current climate (and on the off chance that BoS don't cut the rate in the foreseeable future) I'm not prepared to have a go with this one!

You may take a different view? But be warned, there have been reports of LBG closing all accounts with the brand...so you'd be risking Club Lloyds and Halifax Rewards, as well as BoS Vantage.

To quote from the 1971 film Dirty Harry..."you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?" :D

:D I will stick with 3 then (as will my wife) as not feeling that lucky and don't want to push my luck.

I only have 2 TSB accounts (since when you could legitimately) - I did try a couple of applications at different points to add to this but got the text to call then didn't. Club Lloyds is also just the one isn't it?

joker

Postby joker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:13 am

Just one per person for club Lloyd. Don't forget it will be halving its interest soon too.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:39 am

Bank of Scotland Vantage interest rate drops again from 2.0% to 1.5% in 2 days time...

From the 1st July 2018, we will be changing the interest you can earn on Vantage accounts. The current interest rate of 2% AER/1.98% Gross variable, payable on balances between £1 and £5,000, will reduce to 1.5% AER/1.49% Gross variable. To earn interest, you will still need to pay at least two different Direct Debits each calendar month, pay at least £1,000 into your account during the calendar month, and stay in credit (above £0) during the monthly billing period.

https://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/bankaccounts/vantage/

That's just 0.17% above the interest rate now paid by the Post Office Online Saver Issue 31 account which doesn't have the disadvantage of monthly funding and direct debit requirements. So now scarcely any justification for keeping these Bank of Scotland Vantage accounts each earning just £8.50 per year extra interest. I could also increase my Birmingham Midshires 1.45% savings instead, which still has another 6 months to run.

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”