TSB Spend & Save up to £185 switch

Tell us your deals or ask for advice

Moderator: User Moderator

Sarah

TSB Spend & Save up to £185 switch

Postby Sarah » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:11 pm

New current account switch offer starts today.

They include 6 months debit card cashback in the "up to £185" headline.

Switch your current account and get up to £185.

The terms of this offer start on 15 January 2024 and will last until the offer is
withdrawn by us.

£125 switch incentive
To qualify for the £125 switch incentive you must do all of the following:
Between 15 January 2024 and before the offer is withdrawn by us you must:

• Apply for a new TSB Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus account through tsb.co.uk, the TSB Mobile Banking App or in Branches.
• Submit a full switch request via tsb.co.uk or in branch to your new TSB Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus account using the Current Account Switch Service. The switch must be initiated before the offer is withdrawn and complete within 21 days of you requesting it.
• A full switch means all of your active credits and debits from your old account (not held with TSB) will be transferred across automatically as part of the service and your account will be closed.

And
By 15 March 2024 you must do all of the following:

• Make a minimum of one payment using the debit card on your new Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus account.
• Have a minimum of 2 active Direct Debits on your new Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus account.
If you’ve done all these things, we’ll pay £125 into your new Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus account between 20 March 2024 and 29 March 2024.

Up to £60 double cashback

To be eligible for the double cashback, you must first complete the switch incentive conditions above and then:

• Make 20 or more payments using your debit card each calendar month to earn £5 cashback. For the first six calendar months (including the month your account is opened), if you meet the required number of transactions, we will double the cashback. This will appear as two £5 payments on your transactions and may occur on different dates.

Other conditions

• Your account must be open when we pay the switch incentive and the cashback. We won’t pay incentives or cashback after the account is closed, even if you’d already qualified for the payment.
• If you’ve received an incentive or benefit for switching to TSB Bank plc using the Current Account Switch Service since 1 October 2022, you’re not eligible for this offer.
• You can only benefit from this offer once. We won’t pay cashback again if you open a second account, either in your own name or in joint names.
• Only one payment will be made to an account, so if you later make it into a joint account and another party switches in, no cashback will be paid.
• If you have applied for a Spend & Save or Spend & Save Plus and we then withdraw the offer before your account is open, you’ll still be eligible for the double cashback as long as you meet the eligibility criteria outlined above.
• TSB have the right to withdraw, alter or replace the offer at any time without notice.

https://www.tsb.co.uk/tsb-current-accou ... tions6.pdf

DC.

Re: TSB Spend & Save up to £185 switch

Postby DC. » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm

Looking to do this for me and GF.

Does the amazon daily top up still count as debit card transactions for this?

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Jan 25, 2024 7:54 pm

I don't know but would very much expect that it does.

DC.

Postby DC. » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:31 pm

I was going to wait until feb to start this, as it mentions paying out double cashback, including the month you open the account, but they have an end date on for 31st Jan, best get cracking.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:07 pm

Same here, thanks for the heads-up on the sudden appearance of an imminent withdrawal date.

I have gone ahead now too. £30 tracked immediately at Quidco.

DC.

Postby DC. » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:18 pm

I totally forgot about cashback sites, glad I looked in here before applying.

I have gone through Quidco also, its not tracking yet, but if i go to raise a claim, TSB is the one and only option in the list, so I'm guessing they are aware I did it

Strange, when I applied for the account, TSB said I had to setup a new user name for online access. If I was an existing customer, who already had online access, then this would be temporary, but still had to do it.

DC.

Postby DC. » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 pm

Just did GF sign up

This is the message I got
Already registered for digital banking with TSB?
You'll need to set up new login details for this new account even if you're already registered for TSB digital banking.
But don't worry, it's only temporary.
We'll email you with details that will get you into all your accounts as soon as we've done some IT wizardry at our end. This usually happens within 10 days - but you can still use your existing login details until you receive that email.

Seems like a faff/extra work for them

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:09 am

Yes. I don't login before opening a new account, since it probably wouldn't be helpful for cashback anyway. They do indeed attempt to merge online banking profiles later, although the results are quite variable in my experience. I don't know if it ever works 100% correctly. Sometimes they fail to do anything, sometimes the merged profile has only some (not all) accounts visible and sometimes it happens months later than would be expected!

planteria

Postby planteria » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:39 pm

as discussed elsewhere..

Sarah wrote:I have gone ahead now too. £30 tracked immediately at Quidco.

i went ahead yesterday too, and it tracked for me on Q too. i completed the transfer request after being logged out of the application, but hopefully will track ok. by opening the account on 31st January i am not sure whether i will only get 5 months of £5 cashback payments after i receive my card, or whether i'll still be able to bag cashback for July.

i'm not sure re using Amazon, DC, but i have been using top ups to my NS&I account to hit my 20 transactions/month with existing S&S accounts.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:20 pm

My debit card arrived yesterday, so I quickly deposited £500 and put through 20 transactions anyway. They probably won't count since they'll surely be statemented as February, but I figured there was probably nothing to lose by doing so!

Return to “Deals & Tips”