PayPal Offers

Tell us your deals or ask for advice

Moderator: User Moderator

Sarah

PayPal Offers

Postby Sarah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:48 am

£5 off fuel with the Esso app
This offer automatically expires either on 24th November 2018 or once 16,000 Credits have been saved into customers’ PayPal accounts. See Terms and Conditions for more details.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/o ... XRD9RSBPU2

Sarah

Re: PayPal Offers

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:45 pm

I tried this yesterday - no luck, the Esso app geolocation couldn't identify which filling station I had visited, so asked me to scan the QR code on the pump... but it was dark and that didn't work either. There didn't seem to be any way to set the location manually. So probably no money off fuel for me, although I'll also try again during daylight before giving it up!

Preston

Postby Preston » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:00 pm

I've just been reading the ratings for the ESSO App on the Play Store........It seems like you have been luckier than some Sarah! A few innocent, but unfortunate, folk have apparently received letters from the police being accused of driving off without paying for their fuel when using this App. Yikes!! :shock:

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:48 pm

Hopefully that doesn't happen often. It's rubbish though, I've now had 5 unsuccessful visits to Esso forecourts. The nearest is only 2 minutes away and the next another 3 minutes; the local area has become dominated by Esso for some reason.

I was having no luck using my Kindle Fire 10 so in a last attempt to win this one decided to dig out my obsolete Hudl 2 instead, installed the Esso app and found it worked much better on that device. The geolocation detection actually knows where I am and the QR reader works too, so I had high hopes and even went to the filling station armed with an empty petrol can to be sure I had enough capacity for a £35 transaction... only for the thing to tell me "Sorry mobile payments are currently unavailable!" this time! :cry:

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Finally had success with the Esso app today but the experience has been far too much trouble. The filling station that worked has fuel priced 7p/litre more than locally, so on 30 litres I paid an extra £2.10 for the privilege of being a customer there. I went into the shop to ensure that the cashier knew I'd paid using the app, however the queue was long and moving really slowly, so gave up and drove off after a couple of minutes. The saved PayPal offer didn't either reduce the amount charged or re-credit my account automatically with the bonus, so had to complain to receive the £5. The offer at Amex hasn't triggered (yet) either - might need to complain there too!

If anyone's interested in Lego, you might like to try...

£5 off when you shop at LEGO
£5 off any purchase at shop.LEGO.com/en-GB when you shop for £10 or more. This promotion is valid until December 16th, 2018.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/o ... 8VLWQVPVZ6

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 pm

This offer isn't valid for very long...

£10 off when you spend £100 online at Argos
Spend a minimum of £100 and get £10 off your purchase when you pay with PayPal at Argos online. Use by 27 November 2018.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/o ... Ccat:AR667

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 am

Get 50% off Papa John's
PayPal 50% off Pizza 50% off pizzas when you spend £15 or more using PayPal. Online only. Excludes drinks and ice creams. Valid until the 16th December 2018. Minimum spend for delivery applies and may vary within store location. Products added as part of this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or Double Ups.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/o ... 9HJHBDF9TA

Return to “Deals & Tips”