So time for something new? Well, maybe just a bit, they seem to be rolling the not-very-beneficial Santander Select service and Santander 123 account together, making the Santander Select Current Account. I just received my invite to transfer, however it doesn't sound especially exciting or inspired:
For the same £5 monthly account fee you currently pay as a 1|2|3 Current Account customer you’ll receive:
* Exclusive Select Visa debit card
* Emergency card and cash replacement service abroad (exclusions apply)
* Fee-free cash withdrawals at Santander cash machines abroad when you choose the local currency
* A preferential overdraft tariff (subject to status)
* £1,000 daily cash machine withdrawal limit
To get interest on your balance and cashback on your household bills paid by Direct Debit, you need to:
* Pay at least £500 into your account each month. Any interest paid and payments between Santander personal account(s) you’re named on won’t count towards this.
* Have at least 2 active Direct Debits. Cashback is paid monthly.
Or perhaps don't bother:
Santander Select eligibility criteria
As an existing Santander Select customer you're still eligible to access the Santander Select service. However from 20 November 2017, to be eligible for the Santander Select service, new customers need to open a Select Current Account and:
* pay your main income of at least £5,000 per month into the Select Current Account. The £5,000 can't be funded by interest or payments from another Santander account that you're named on.
* or keep £75,000 in any Santander investment(s), savings or current accounts.
We’ll review your eligibility for the Select Current Account regularly. If you no longer meet the criteria, we’ll contact you to explain your options.